This easy fish curry recipe is much healthier than a takeaway but it’s every bit as tasty. Just one pan, some fresh seafood and 40 minutes are all you need! This recipe is in collaboration with Seafish.
Life can get rather hectic sometimes. Sometimes we want a nice, quick and easy midweek dinner recipe that’s healthy and tasty too. This plaice and vegetable curry, from Seafish, definitely ticks all those boxes.
You can find plaice fillets in your local supermarket or fishmongers. Alternatively, any white fish will do.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS EASY FISH CURRY RECIPE
- plaice fillets – skinless if you prefer
- sweet potato
- green beans
- curry powder
- fresh ginger – use the side of a spoon to scrape off the outside before grating
- curry powder – mild or stronger, depending on your tastes
- vegetable oil
- reduced-salt vegetable stock
[amazon_link asins=’B014DDV1ZC,B00J4LGN9S,B01H1KML26′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’elizskitcdiar-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’0e2b37d8-cb9c-11e8-824c-e16de3e3d8e6′]
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY FISH CURRY RECIPE
Step 1: Heat oil in a large pan and saute the onions and garlic for a few minutes.
Step 2: Add the freshly grated ginger and curry powder and cook another minute or so.
Step 3: Add the sweet potato, green beans, carrots and vegetable stock. Simmer for ten minutes or so.
Step 4: Slice the plaice fillets in half lengthwise and roll up.
Step 5: Add the rolled plaice to the curry.
Step 6: Pop the lid on and simmer on low until the fish is cooked.
NOTES ON COOKING WITH PLAICE AND #SEAFOODWEEK
Plaice is a mild flavoured white fish with a good texture, perfect for grilling, frying, goujons, poaching, steaming and rolling and stuffing. It also makes for a rather fantastic curry, but feel free to replace this white fish with any other if you can’t source it.
Ask your fishmonger to skin your plaice fillets for you, although this isn’t absolutely needed. The underside of the plaice is white with a very tender flesh which can be eaten.
This week, from the 5th-12th of October, is Seafood Week, created to help inspire us to eat more fish. Goverment guidelines recommend we eat at least two portions of fish per week as part of a healthy, balanced diet. Search for the #SeafoodWeek hashtag on Twitter and Facebook to see what people are sharing, and visit the Fish is the Dish website for information on the different species of fish and recipe inspiration. They’ve also got some fab giveaways to win £250 worth of supermarket vouchers and 50 Seafood Week Bundles!
This is the second seafood recipe I have shared this Seafood Week. The first was a rather delicious breakfast smoked haddock recipe.
How do you get seafood into your diet? Let me know in the comments!
Easy Plaice and Vegetable Curry
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ginger and the curry powder and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the sweet potato, carrots and green beans then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, pop the lid on, and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the plaice on a board, skinned side up and halve lengthways. Roll up each piece of plaice and gently add to the curry.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft and the fish is cooked.
- Serve with basmati rice.
- One year ago: Lazy Sunday Morning Scrambled Eggs with Scottish Salmon & Roasted Tomatoes
- Two years ago: Keeping Our Children Safe Online
- Three years ago: 20 of the Best Fish Supper Recipes
- Four years ago: Cheesy Mashed Tatties & Kale
- Five years ago: Bear Paws (Old-fashioned Soft Molasses Cookies)
- Six years ago: Pierogi: Cheese, Onion & Potato Dumplings
PIN THIS EASY FISH CURRY RECIPE FOR LATER!
Have you made this recipe?
This is a sponsored recipe post in collaboration with Seafish for #SeafoodWeek. All thoughts and opinions expressed are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands who make it possible for me to do what I love: mess up my kitchen and share recipe stories.