With a delicious, rich creamy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter filling, a crunchy double chocolate biscuit base and a milk chocolate ganache topping with a white chocolate spider web, this No-Bake SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Cheesecake will be sure to impress at your Halloween dessert table! In collaboration with SKIPPY® Peanut Butter.
Introduction – it’s Halloween!
It’s officially my favourite time of year!
I really am a big child at heart, and I absolutely love the lead up to Halloween. Growing up in rural Canada Halloween was A. Big. Thing. and this excitement seems to have carried on into my adulthood. I love dressing up (I’ve got a dress and a very witchy cloak I bring out every October!), and I love getting creative with themed Halloween recipes.
This year, I’ve made the most indulgent, rich and creamy peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake recipe to share with you!
The key ingredient is SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, a delicious, creamy and incredibly versatile ingredient; perfect for this no-bake recipe.
About SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is made from the finest American peanuts that have been finely ground, resulting in a nut-packed taste, creamy texture and melt in the mouthfeel. This smooth texture makes SKIPPY® Peanut Butter easy to incorporate into no-bake treats, like this Halloween cheesecake recipe.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter has a US heritage spanning more than 80 years: in 1933, Joseph Rosenfield changed the formula for peanut butter to create SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, which was less sticky and longer-lasting – no longer would peanut butter stick to the roof of your mouth!
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (RRP £2.40 per 340g jar) is now widely available in Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties, on sale in major UK supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Costco, International section of Tesco and Ocado.
Ingredients for this no-bake peanut butter cheesecake
- 360 grams double chocolate digestive biscuits
- 75 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 340 grams creamy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
- 680 grams full fat cream cheese
- 80 grams icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 300 ml double cream + 5 tbsp for the topping
- 200 grams milk chocolate
- 50 grams white chocolate
- peanut butter chips & peanut butter sweets, to decorate
- plastic spiders, to decorate
[amazon_link asins=’B00KB5M1QK,B07YS1JK44,B016BQKJL6,B01N7I5ENN,B0000VLU1W,B07BL9Y94Y’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’elizskitcdiar-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’a77361fe-3591-446f-9325-9bae17a220ee’]
- 9-inch quick-release springform cake tin
- 2 mixing bowls
- wooden spoon
- rubber spatula
- greaseproof paper
- piping bag
[amazon_link asins=’B07H5Y8FDN,B0777L3RS7,B071Z925LD,B01EN9V9X0,B073QRZLHX,B007BM9O9I’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’elizskitcdiar-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’1e83fd41-5669-49e9-af7e-762347fcdd0a’]
- Crush the double chocolate digestive biscuits and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base of a lined 9-inch springform cake tin and chill while you make the filling.
- Mix together the peanut butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla.
- Whip the double cream until it forms soft peaks and gently fold into the SKIPPY® Peanut Butter mixture.
- Spoon into the cake tin and smooth over the top. Chill for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Melt the milk chocolate with the remaining double cream and spoon over the top of the cheesecake. Decorate as desired.
Last month I was invited to Georgia, USA on an American Peanut Education Tour. I’m still drafting the Farm to Fork blog post about this adventure, so watch this space!
It was an incredible trip, and I now know more about American peanuts than I ever thought there was to know about peanuts! Peanuts are a very versatile and nutritious ingredient. There will be many more peanut recipes appearing on my website from now on.
American Peanuts – Fun Facts!
- they grow underground.
- peanuts are classified as a legume botanically and as a nut nutritionally. That means they have the best of both worlds, containing key nutrients found in both families.
- peanut butter is the leading use of peanuts produced in the UK, and by law American peanut butter must contain at least 90% peanuts.
- half of the top 10 selling candy bars in the USA contain peanuts or peanut butter.
- peanuts are naturally cholesterol-free
- they also contain more protein than any other nut: more than 7 grams per 1 oz of peanuts (or 2 tbsp of peanut butter)
For more #SKIPPYhalloween recipe inspiration follow SKIPPY® Peanut Butter on Twitter and Instagram. Don’t forget to check out the wide variety of recipes on their website: www.peanutbutter.uk.com too!
What’s your favourite way to use SKIPPY® Peanut Butter in a dessert? Let me know in the comments!
No-Bake SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Cheesecake
for the SKIPPY® Peanut Butter filling
This recipe card may contain affiliate ingredient and equipment links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Crush the double chocolate digestive biscuits until they resemble coarse sand.
- Melt the butter, and stir into the biscuit crumbs until well combined.
- Press into the base of a lined 9-inch quick-release springform cake tin and chill while you prepare the filling.
- Gently mix together the SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla with a wooden spoon. Take care not to overbeat.
- Whip the double cream until it forms soft peaks and gently fold into the SKIPPY® Peanut Butter mixture until incorporated.
- Spoon over the double chocolate digestive base and smooth over the top with a rubber spatula.
- Chill for at least six hours, preferably overnight.
- Place the milk chocolate, broken into pieces, in a heatproof bowl along with the double cream. Melt over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the melted milk chocolate over the top of the chilled cheesecake, smoothing with a rubber spatula.
- Melt the white chocolate with the double cream in the same way, allow to cool and then spoon into a piping bag.
- Pipe a spiders web on the top of the cheesecake (or any other design) and decorate the edge of the cheesecake with peanut butter chips and your favourite chopped peanut butter sweets.
Pin this peanut butter cheesecake recipe for later
This is a sponsored recipe post in collaboration with SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, although all thoughts and opinions expressed are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands who make it possible for me to do what I love: mess up my kitchen and share recipe stories.