Recipe from 150 Fast & Simple Recipes by Parragon Books.
There are times when carbohydrates are required.
How about carbohydrates… with bacon… tossed in more crispy carbohydrates! Eee!
This spaghetti with bacon and crispy breadcrumbs, ready in less than half an hour, was one of the many recipes which caught my eye from Parragon’s new, affordable, 150 Fast & Simple recipes book, published in February 2015, and part of Parragon’s brand new range ’150 Recipes’.
The 150 Recipes series is a gorgeous new range of everyday cookbooks, featuring a wide variety of simple recipes for easy cooking.
Developed for those busy families who don’t have a lot of time to spend preparing meals, Fast & Simple is packed with 150 time-saving dishes, from light bites like Chicken and Herb Fritters and Chipotle Pork Fajitas, to more adventurous dishes, such as Steak with Chimichurri or Moroccan Meatballs with Mint Yogurt.
This beautiful little book offers 150 easy-to-follow recipes, along with mouth-watering photography to entice you to experiment in the kitchen and is a concise introduction to the world of fast and simple cooking – there’s no fancy ingredients or complicated techniques, just simple home cooking ready in less than 45 minutes.
The book is a small 256 page hardback measuring only 12 x 2.4 x 15 cm, and it is divided into seven sections:
- Introduction – featuring time saving tips
- Light Bites – soups, salads and starters
- Meat & Poultry
- Fish & Seafood
- Baking & Desserts
- Index – a comprehensive index divided into recipe ingredients
For a small book it certainly is packed with inspiration, and retailing at only £5.99 it would make a great addition to any kitchen. I will certainly be referring to it often!
Spaghetti with Bacon & Crispy Breadcrumbs
- 55 grams day old ciabatta bread (approximately one roll)
- 175 grams dried spaghetti
- 2 tsp olive oil (I use Pomora - see link in side bar)
- 140 grams smoked streaky bacon chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary crushed
- 15 grams butter
- 40 grams pine nuts (I used chopped cashews)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
This recipe card may contain affiliate ingredient and equipment links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Put the bread, including any crusts, in a food processor or blender and process until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the pasta, bring back to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes, until tender but firm to the bite. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the bacon and rosemary and fry for 2-3 minutes, until the bacon is golden brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the butter to the remaining bacon fat in the pan. When melted, add the breadcrumbs, pine nuts and garlic. Fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring until golden brown. Combine the breadcrumb mixture with the pasta, bacon and rosemary. Add the parsley and season to taste with pepper.
- Transfer to warmed serving bowls and serve immediately.
Parragon Books have very kindly offered one of my readers the chance to win a copy of this book. RRP £5.99
HOW TO ENTER
For your chance to win one copy of 150 Fast & Simple Recipes RRP £5.99 enter using the Rafflecopter form below. Come back and tweet about the giveaway every day for more chances to win!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This giveaway is open to UK entries only. Entrants must be age 18 or over. The winner will need to respond within 7 days of being contacted; failure to do this may result in another winner being selected.
The prize is offered and provided by Parragon Books. The prize is to win one copy of 150 Fast & Simple Recipes RRP £5.99. There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable.
There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this giveaway. The promoter (Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary) reserves the right to cancel or amend the giveaway and these terms and conditions without notice.
Entry into our giveaways will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If you need some help using Rafflecopter, here’s a quick clip to show you how. Rafflecopter will pick the winner at random from all the entries received. I will be verifying entries and any automated entries or those who have claimed they have made the mandatory blog post comment and really haven’t will be disqualified. It’s mandatory!
Closing date is midnight on Monday 27 April 2015 (GMT) and the winner will be announced that day.
OTHER QUICK PASTA DISHES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Spaghetti Carbonara Fritatta by FoodieQuine
Quick & Creamy Pasta with Ham & Tenderstem Broccoli by Anne’s Kitchen
Light Italian Spaghetti with Meatballs by The Petite Cook
Bacon, Leek & Pine Nut Pasta by Fab Food 4 All
If you want to be kept up to date on my recipes, occasional craft tutorials, adventure stories and giveaways then please subscribe to my weekly newsletter; it gets sent out every Monday morning if there is new content. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone, you will never be spammed and you are free to unsubscribe at any time, no questions asked. Make sure you confirm your subscription or you won’t receive the newsletter – if it hasn’t arrived check your junk mail folder.
Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary was sent a copy of 150 Fast & Simple Recipes for review. All opinions expressed are our own and this is not a paid post. However, the recipe does include a reference to the Pomora olive oil banner in my side bar. I will get a small commission on any purchases made through that sidebar link, and you will be helping to support my family.