In this recipe, sun-ripened tomatoes, red onion, goat’s cheese and kalamata olives are drizzled in a homemade balsamic vinegar dressing for a quick and easy salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
It’s officially Spring, and what a better Spring-time lunch is there than a lovely tomato, red onion and goats cheese salad?
Make sure your tomatoes are at their peak ripeness and room temperature for optimum taste.
Tomato and goat’s cheese salad with a balsamic dressing.
for the salad
This recipe card may contain affiliate ingredient and equipment links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Thinly slice your red onion and place in serving bowls.
- Halve or thickly slice your room-temperature tomatoes and arrange on top of the sliced red onion.
- Top with the kalamata olives and goat's cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 sprig fresh thyme (leaves only), 1 clove garlic, finely chopped and season with freshly ground black pepper and Shetland sea salt, to taste. Whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over your salad and garnish with 5 fresh basil leaves, torn.