These peanut butter & chocolate chip flapjacks are packed full of peanut flavour and energy, perfect for refuelling during your epic summer adventuring. No mixing bowl needed! In collaboration with SKIPPY® Peanut Butter.
Peanut butter flapjacks for #SKIPPY4July
It’s summertime! That means longer days and better weather for some proper outdoor adventuring, and it means celebrations like the 4th of July! Outdoor adventuring and celebrations both need fuelling and what better way to refuel than with a batch of epic peanut butter flapjacks made with some American-style peanut butter?
These super easy-to-make flapjacks have just the right amount of buttery, crunchy and crumbly texture along with the unique SKIPPY® peanut butter flavour. There are little bursts of milk chocolate throughout too, just to satisfy that sweet tooth.
They’re sturdy enough to withstand transport in your pocket or rucksack while out hiking/mountain biking too and they’re filled with enough carbohydrates, protein and energy to keep you going that little bit longer.
Why choose SKIPPY® Peanut Butter?
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is made from the finest American peanuts that have been finely ground, resulting in a nut-packed taste, creamy texture and melt in the mouthfeel. This smooth texture makes SKIPPY® Peanut Butter easy to incorporate into your favourite baking recipes, like these peanut butter flapjacks.
- 225 grams/ 1 cup butter
- 180 grams/2/3 cup dark brown soft sugar
- 100 grams/ 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 150 grams/ 1/2 cup Extra Smooth SKIPPY® Peanut Butter – Creamy
- 450 grams/ 3 3/4 cups quick-cook porridge oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 grams/ 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a large saucepan over a gentle heat.
- Stir in the SKIPPY® Peanut Butter when the butter has completely melted.
- Remove from the heat, add the vanilla and the porridge oats. Cool.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a baking tin lined with non-stick paper. Smooth over the top.
- Bake at 350°F/ 170°C fan for 30 minutes. Cut and cool.
About SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
With a US heritage spanning more than 80 years, SKIPPY® Peanut Butter maker Joesph Rosenfield revolutionised peanut butter making process. Back in 1933, he changed the formula to create a less sticky and longer-lasting peanut butter – no longer would peanut butter stick to the roof of your mouth!
I grew up eating SKIPPY® peanut butter, so it’s got all the nostalgia for me. The creamy texture really works well in this recipe.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (RRP £2.40 per 340g jar) is now widely available in Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties, on sale in major UK supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Costco, International section of Tesco and Ocado.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Flapjacks
This recipe card may contain affiliate ingredient and equipment links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Place the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a medium saucepan over a gentle heat.
- Stir until the butter has melted.
- Spoon in the SKIPPY® Peanut Butter and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and the porridge oats. Leave to cool.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a 9-inch baking tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Smooth over the top, pressing down slightly.
- Bake in the centre of a preheated 350 F/ 180 C/ 170 C fan oven for 30 minutes, until golden and browned. Cut halfway into bars when it's straight out of the oven, to make cutting completely through easier later. Store in an airtight container fpr up to five days.