Baby button mushrooms, garlic, white wine, thyme and cream make for a simple but delicious gluten free tagliatelle sauce. In collaboration with Schär and their new gluten free fresh pasta range. #ad
Following a gluten free diet doesn’t mean you have to give up the starchy foods you love – bread, pasta, cakes, etc. Here I present to you the new Bonta D’Italia fresh gluten free tagliatelle from Schär, Europe’s No.1 in gluten free.
They’ve created three gluten and wheat free fresh egg pastas specifically formulated for people intolerant to gluten: gluten free tagliatelle egg pasta, gluten free ravioli with ricotta cheese and spinach and gluten free tortellini filled with prosciutto.
I’ve created a rather delicious creamy baby button mushroom, white wine and thyme sauce to serve with the gluten free tagliatelle.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS GLUTEN FREE TAGLIATELLE RECIPE
- butter (or olive oil, if you prefer)
- baby button mushrooms
- fresh thyme
- dry white wine
- vegetable stock – I use Knorr Vegetable Stock Pots
- heavy cream
- Schär gluten free Tagliatelle all’uovo fresh pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cress, to garnish
- Parmesan cheese, optional
HOW TO MAKE A CREAMY MUSHROOM, WHITE WINE & THYME PASTA SAUCE FOR GLUTEN FREE TAGLIATELLE
Step 1: saute sliced mushrooms and finely chopped shallot in butter or oil until they start to brown
Step 2: add the garlic and fresh thyme, sauteing until the garlic imparts its fragrance
Step 3: deglaze the pan with a glass of dry white wine. Simmer to reduce.
Step 4: add vegetable stock and heavy cream. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
Step 5: add cooked, drained Schär gluten free tagliatelle, stir well and leave for a few minutes for the sauce to coat the pasta
Step 6: serve with cress and Parmesan cheese to garnish
The resulting dish is incredibly rich, creamy and delicious: perfect for a quick mid-week dinner. Serve, as pictured, with some warmed Schär gluten free brown ciabatta rolls dipped in olive oil for an authentic Italian experience.
A note on step 5, above – before you add the pasta, the sauce is still quite thin. When you drain the pasta (not thoroughly) a little bit of the ‘liquid gold’ cooking water remains. This starchy water acts as an emulsifier, meaning your creamy sauce will stick to your pasta just the way you want it and not pool in a puddle at the bottom of your plate.
Alternatively, reserve a small ladleful of the cooking water and add it to the sauce at the end while it simmers, stirring until thickened.
SCHÄR GLUTEN FREE FRESH PASTA
Schär, Europe’s No.1 in gluten free, has launched 3 delicious new fresh pasta variants into the chilled aisle at Morrisons. Italians through and through, this pasta range has been made with all of the pleasure and passion Italians have for cooking. So good, you’ll be left wondering if they’re even gluten free! The new fresh Bonta D’Italia pasta range includes:
- Schär Tagliatelle, 250g, £3.50 Ribbons of fresh egg pasta which make the perfect base for a flavoursome dish.
- Schär Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli, 250g, £3.75 These delicious ravioli parcels are filled with spinach and ricotta. Ready in under 5 minutes this pasta makes for a delicious quick and easy mid-week meal.
- Schär Tortellini with Prosciutto, 250g, £3.75 Tasty tortellini filled with Italian ham, made lovingly in their kitchen so you can enjoy a wholesome pasta dish in yours.
If you’re looking for sauce recipe to serve with your gluten free tagliatelle and my creamy mushroom, white wine and thyme sauce doesn’t quite fit the bill, you might like Kavey’s King Oyster Mushroom and Cream Pasta, Choclette’s Wild Garlic Pesto, Nanya’s Roasted Tomato Sauce, Heidi’s Italian Ragu Sauce or Camilla’s Chilli, Bacon & Chickpea sauce. Alternatively, you might like my Quick & Easy Chilli Sauce or my Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce. I’ve also got a creamy sauce recipe with shredded courgettes in it and a hidden cauliflower cheese pasta sauce recipe you might like.
To find out more about the new Schär gluten free pasta range, and to find out what other delicious gluten free products they produce, visit the Schär website. You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Here in Shetland, the Eid Community Co-operative on the west side stocks a wide range of Schär products.
Gluten-Free Tagliatelle with a Creamy Mushroom, White Wine & Thyme Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 150 grams baby chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves only
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml double cream
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- cress leaves to garnish
- Parmesan cheese to serve, optional
- 250 grams fresh tagliatelle Schar Gluten-Free
- Heat butter in a saute pan over a medium-high heat. Saute the shallot and mushrooms together for a few minutes until they begin to brown.
- Add the garlic and thyme, and saute for another thirty seconds, until the garlic imparts its fragrance.
- Add the white wine to the pan and deglaze the pan, stirring up any bits that might be stuck to the bottom.
- Leave the wine and mushrooms to simmer for a few minutes until the wine reduces by half.`
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for another two minutes before adding to the cream. Turn the heat down and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, bring two litres of salted water to the boil. Cook the fresh Schar gluten-free tagliatelle for 3-4 minutes. Drain well.
- Add the drained pasta to the mushroom and white wine sauce and stir to coat. Turn off the heat, cover and leave for a few more minutes while you set the table (and call everyone to dinner!).
- Give the pasta and sauce another stir, by this time it will have thickened up nicely with the starch from the pasta.
- Serve with plenty of freshly ground black pepper, a sprinkling of sea salt and Parmesan cheese, to taste. Garnish with cress leaves.
[amazon_link asins=’B01IPKKZDI,B01ASXQ6NS,B019CB5QMY,B00L885VQG,B01A5EXCK0,B01A5EXCMS,B017NA1MD8,B019CB5QXI,B00NPWKO2O,B01ASURSJC’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’elizskitcdiar-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’7dc365a6-370d-11e8-9d4e-1b1c6c9adf91′]
Have you made this recipe?
This is a sponsored recipe post in collaboration with Schär, Europe’s No.1 in gluten free. Thank you for supporting the brands who make it possible for me to do what I love: mess up my kitchen and share recipe stories.