An overnight oats recipe in collaboration with Nutri-Brex 5 Ways Gluten Free Granola.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. My absolute favourite, number one go-to breakfast is a serving of granola on some plain, natural yoghurt, with plenty of fresh fruit. It’s quick, easy and nutritious, especially if it’s a lower sugar, gluten-free granola like one from the Nutri-Brex range.
Did you know that today (Monday 25th September 2017) is Better Breakfast Day? What better reason to celebrate than to jazz up your breakfast with this simple coconut and mango breakfast parfait (which is just a posh way of saying overnight oats, by the way!).
Inspired by the flavours of the Caribbean, this breakfast parfait is made with coconut yoghurt with some Hazelnut, Coconut & Quinoa gluten-free granola by Nutri-Brex stirred into it. I’ve layered the parfait with some more granola for extra texture, and some fresh mango puree which gives it a delicious, naturally sweet flavour. I’ve topped mine with some coconut shavings for extra flavour and texture, but you could always just finish off with more fresh fruit and a sprinkling of granola.
NUTRI-BREX GLUTEN-FREE GRANOLA
Nutri-Brex is an award-winning gluten-free brand who have recently expanded their range to include 5 Ways Granola. Their hazelnut, coconut and quinoa variety, which I’ve used in my recipe, features hazelnut pieces, flaked quinoa and toasted coconut as well as fine-cut oats, a perfect pairing for a coconut and mango breakfast parfait.
Nutri-Brex granola can be used in a minimum of five different ways:
- GRANOLA: serve Nutri-Brex with milk or yoghurt for a traditional crunchy granola breakfast
- PORRIDGE: simply add milk and microwave or cook on the hob for a delicious hot breakfast on these cold Autumn mornings
- TOPPING: sprinkle over your favourite fruit, or even over some peanut butter and gluten-free toast
- BIRCHER: mix with yoghurt, grated apple, a splash of apple juice and some milk and leave overnight for a delicious breakfast in the morning
- SMOOTHIE: blend with your favourite fruit, ice and a dollop of natural yoghurt for a fast and filling start to the day
Nutri-Brex have launched a 5 Ways Challenge to see what sort of recipes folk can come up with using their gluten-free 5 Ways Granola products. So, I’ve come up with five different recipes I’ll be sharing with you this week, each featuring either their Hazelnut, Coconut and Quinoa Granola or their Honey, Almonds & Seeds Granola. I hope you will be inspired!
You can find Nutri-Brex 5 Ways Granola on their online shop for only £3.49 for 400 grams. Follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more recipe inspiration too – a better breakfast needn’t be a dull breakfast! If you’ve made something with one of their products let them know! Tag @NutriBrex and use the hashtag #MyNutriBrex.
How do you jazz up your breakfast granola? Let me know in the comments!
Coconut & Mango Breakfast Parfait
This recipe card may contain affiliate ingredient and equipment links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mix two tablespoonfuls (or more, to taste) of Nutri-Brex 5 Wats Hazelnut, Coconut & Quinoa Granola with the coconut yoghurt.
- Spoon 1/3 of the coconut/granola yogurt into the base of two small, lidded jam jars.
- Top with 1 tbsp of Nutri-Brex granola and 1/4 of the mango puree. Repeat so that each jar has three layers of yogurt and two layers of granola and mango puree, finishing with the remaining yogurt.
- Garnish with coconut shavings (if using), cover, and refrigerate for up to three days.
OTHER WAYS TO JAZZ UP YOUR GRANOLA
Five Fun Ways to Use Granola
Blackberry Frozen Yogurt Granola Breakfast Pops
Chewy Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies
Strawberry Granola Frozen Yogurt Bites
Healthy Frozen Yogurt Breakfast Pops
Blueberry Breakfast Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Lemon Curd
Berry & Mascarpone Granola Tarts
3-Ingredient Granola Chocolate Energy Balls
Apple & Granola Pancakes
Three-Ingredient High-Protein Gluten-Free Crepes
5 Ways Challenge recipe 3 – coming soon!
5 Ways Challenge recipe 4 – coming soon!
5 Ways Challenge recipe 5 – coming soon!
SHOP THIS POST
This is a sponsored recipe post for Nutri-Brex. Thank you for supporting the brands who make it possible for me to do what I love: mess up my kitchen and share recipe stories!
Have you made this recipe?