Super quick and easy to make, and with under 200 calories per serving, this dessert will satisfy that sweet tooth craving without blowing any New Year’s diet resolutions. This recipe has been made in collaboration with the Queen of Quark.
Happy New Year!
I’m super excited to be sharing this rather decadent, and guilt-free sweet dessert recipe with you this January. If like me, you might be working towards some fitness goals, or just trying to shed that little bit of festive weight gain, but still want to enjoy the occasional treat, then this recipe is for you.
My super easy lemon Quark cheesecake recipe takes only a few minutes to make. The hardest part is waiting for the mixture to chill before eating! It’s lower in calories, and fat, made possible by using light cream cheese and low-fat Quark.
#QUARKUPYOURLIFE ON THE FIRST EVER WORLD QUARK DAY
If you’re not already familiar with it, Quark is a fresh dairy product loaded with protein. It tastes a bit like Greek yoghurt but has a less sour taste to it. it also contains fewer calories than Greek yoghurt, making it an ideal choice for the health conscious.
Quark has been known in Europe since the 14th century, and it can be used fresh as a substitute for soured cream or cottage cheese, in baking and even for beauty treatments!
January 19th is the first ever World Quark Day, celebrating all that is wonderful about this dairy product. Search for the #QuarkUpYourLife hashtag to see what people are making to celebrate.
To find out more, and to download a free E-book full of recipes and ideas on how to use Quark, visit the Queen of Quark website. You’ll also be able to order a hardback copy of ‘The Ultimate Quark Guide and Cookbook‘. Alternatively, enter our giveaway below!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS NO BAKE LEMON QUARK CHEESECAKE
- 100 grams of your favourite lower calorie cereal bars – I’ve used Special K Red Berries
- 250 grams of low-fat Quark
- 180 grams of lightest cream cheese
- 10 grams of granulated sweetener – I’ve used Canderel, but you could use stevia, Nutri-sweet or Hermesetas. Adjust the quantities to be equivalent to 100 grams of caster sugar
- 1 lemon – juice and zest
- 8 grams of gelatine powder
- fresh fruit, to garnish, if desired
Products from Amazon.co.uk
HOW TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE LEMON QUARK CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Step 1: Break up your cereal bars into small pieces and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Process until fine and press into the base of four dessert dishes. Chill while you make the filling.
Step 2: Gently mix the Quark, cream cheese, sweetener and lemon zest in a bowl.
Step 3: Heat the lemon juice and sprinkle over the gelatine powder. Still until dissolved, checking the mixture by rubbing it between your thumb and forefinger. It will be smooth when it’s ready.
Step 4: Fold the lemon juice into the Quark mixture until combined.
Step 5: Divide the mixture evenly between the four dessert bowls, smoothing over the top.
Step 6: Chill until firm (about two hours) and garnish with fresh fruit, as desired!
To find out more about Quark, and to download a free E-book full of recipes and ideas on how to use it, visit the Queen of Quark website. You’ll also be able to order a hardback copy of ‘The Ultimate Quark Guide and Cookbook‘. Alternatively, enter our giveaway below!
How do you like your Quark? Let me know in the comments!
Low Calorie No Bake Lemon Quark Cheesecake Recipe
- Crumble your chosen cereal bars and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Process in a mini food processor until broken down and press into the base of four dessert dishes. Chill the bases in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Gently mix the Quark, cream cheese, sweetener and lemon zest together in a bowl.
- Heat 30 ml of lemon juice until very hot, but not boiling, and sprinkle over the gelatine granules. Whisk until dissolved. Test to see if the granules are dissolved by rubbing a little of the lemon mixture between your thumb and forefinger.
- Fold into the Quark mixture and spoon over the dessert bases.
- Smooth over the top, garnish with fresh fruit and chill until firm.
*Actual results will vary depending on products used.
- One year ago: Lamb & Haggis Meatballs with a Whisky Cream Sauce
- Two years ago: Korean Beef Bibimbap
- Three years ago: Mature Cheddar & Wholegrain Mustard Scones
- Four years ago: Double Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
- Five years ago: Origami Steampunk Wedding Bouquet Tutorial
- Six years ago: Double Chocolate Chilli Brownies
- Seven years ago: Moroccan-inspired Slow Cooked Lamb
PIN THIS NO BAKE QUARK CHEESECAKE RECIPE FOR LATER
THE ULTIMATE QUARK GUIDE & COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY
For your chance to win one of two copies of the hardback ‘Ultimate Quark Guide & Cookbook’ worth £20 (an exclusive preview as it’s not yet pubished!) enter using the Rafflecopter form below. Come back and tweet about the giveaway every day for more chances to win!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This giveaway is open to UK entries only. Entrants must be age 18 or over. The winner will need to respond within 28 days of being contacted; failure to do this may result in another winner being selected.
The prize is offered and provided by Queen of Quark. The prize is to win one of two copies of the hardback ‘Ultimate Quark Guide & Cookbook’ worth £20. There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable.
There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this giveaway. The promoter (Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary) reserves the right to cancel or amend the giveaway and these terms and conditions without notice.
Entry into our giveaways will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If you need some help using Rafflecopter, here’s a quick clip to show you how. Rafflecopter will pick the winner at random from all the entries received.
Closing date is midnight (that’s 00:00 hours, 12 am on Friday night/Saturday morning) on Saturday 19 January 2019 (GMT) and the winner will be announced shortly afterwards.
Have you made this recipe?
This is a sponsored recipe post in collaboration with the Queen of Quark, although all thoughts and opinions expressed are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands who make it possible for me to do what I love: mess up my kitchen and share recipe stories. Amazon links are affiliate links, which means if you click through and make any subsequent purchase within 24 hours we will earn a small commission.