This BBQ kebabs recipe is super easy to whip up for any last minute BBQs you might be hosting this summer. Cubes of squeaky Halloumi cheese marinaded in chilli, parsley, cumin and coriander are threaded onto skewers with red onion, green pepper and sizzling SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham. This recipe has been made in collaboration with SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham.
SPAMtastic™ sizzling recipes for the BBQ
Summer will be on us before we know it and hopefully, it will be another hot one! Last summer was absolutely epic, wasn’t it! If you’re looking for some new and interesting recipes for the BBQ this year, why not try out iconic meat SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham to make some delicious sizzling snacks to enjoy in the garden or on the campsite.
Treat your guests to something much more exciting than the usual bangers and burgers this summer; made from a minimum of 90% premium shoulder pork and leg ham, SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham is the perfect quick and easy meat for an alfresco feast that will impress friends and family. It’s already cooked in the can, to seal in the goodness and ensure safety.
Dice, slice and grill SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham for a variety of quick, easy and satisfyingly tasty snacks. Whether it’s the popular SPAMBURGER™ HAMBURGER™, this SPAM® BBQ Kebab with a Middle Eastern twist, or a chunky toasted SPAM® Tortilla Sandwich, there’s a recipe to please every alfresco diner.
And for extra convenience, the lightweight and easy to open tub makes it even easier and convenient to enjoy SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham in the great outdoors. Plus, they don’t need refrigeration!
- 340 gram tin of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham
- 250 grams of halloumi cheese
- 2 x red onions
- 1 x green pepper
- 75 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli puree
- 0.5 tsp toasted ground cumin seeds
- 0.5 tsp toasted ground coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 x 6-inch/15 cm metal skewers or 8 x 8-inch/20 cm skewers
- small bowl
- chopping board & knife
- bbq basting brush
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: £3.99Was: £4.15
- Place olive oil, parsley, chilli puree and spices in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Cut halloumi cheese into 1-inch cubes and stir into the marinade.
- Cut SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham into four slices, and cut each slice into 8 1-inch squares.
- Thread the marinaded halloumi cheese and SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham onto metal BBQ skewers with sliced onion and green pepper.
- Brush the kebabs with a little extra olive oil and BBQ for a few minutes on each side, until the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham is sizzling and browned.
- Serve the kebabs hot with any remaining chilli marinade.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
SPAM® BBQ Kebabs with Halloumi Cheese & Chilli Recipe Video
This SPAM® BBQ kebab recipe is super easy to whip up for any last minute BBQs you might be hosting this summer.
What to serve with these BBQ kebabs
I’ve served my BBQ kebabs with a quick and easy couscous – simply make couscous using a vegetable or chicken stock cube for flavour, drizzle in a little olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and your favourite additions. I’ve added dried raisins, lemon zest, chopped almonds and pomegranate seeds. Season well and serve!
Plain natural yoghurt is a good accompaniment too, as it will help cool the heat of the chilli if needed. The addition of flatbreads makes it into a complete meal.
Alternatively, serve with your favourite BBQ side salad.
About SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham
SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham have been bringing Sizzle Pork And Mmm™ to UK meals since 1941.
It came to the UK during the war as an alternative to corned beef and rose quickly in popularity, selling its one billionth can in the 1950s. In the 1960s SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham fritters regularly appeared on British school menus.
This iconic product is originally from the US when, in 1937, the Hormel Food Company of Minnesota dealt with a problem they had of too much pork shoulder. The idea to grind the pork shoulder and mix it with ham, cooking it in a tin to create a long life product was born, and now, over 80 years later, it’s still going strong!
An incredibly versatile ingredient, SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham is made from a minimum of 90% shoulder pork and leg ham. The 200g tub is currently available in the UK from Tesco and Asda while 200g and 340g cans are available from all major UK supermarkets.
Visit the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham website for more recipe inspiration!
Weight Watchers Points in this BBQ kebab recipe
There are 16 Smart Points per serving of this recipe.
SPAM® BBQ Kebabs with Halloumi Cheese & Chilli
- Mix together the olive oil, chilli puree, spices and parsley in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Cut the Halloumi cheese into one-inch cubes, and add to the chilli dressing. Stir to coat.
- Slice the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham into four pieces, lengthwise, and cut each piece into 8 one-inch cubes.
- Thread the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham onto metal (or soaked wooden) skewers along with the marinaded Halloumi, green pepper and red onion.
- Brush the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham with a little extra olive oil, and grill on each side until sizzling and golden.
- Serve hot with the remaining chilli dressing.
This super easy three ingredient Sizzling SPAM and eggs camping breakfast is just the sort of high protein and filling meal needed to fuel a day of adventuring. A fried egg picnic spamwich on home made sundried tomato & Parmesan bread.
Perfect for a kids’ Halloween feast, this spooky stir-fry whips up in no time! Think peanut satay sauce coated wiggly worm noodles with spooky “bones” poking out.
Three Ingredient #SPAMsizzle Camping SPAM® & Eggs Recipe
Fried Egg Picnic Spamwich
Spooky SPAM® "Bones" with SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Noodles
This super easy three ingredient Sizzling SPAM and eggs camping breakfast is just the sort of high protein and filling meal needed to fuel a day of adventuring.Continue Reading
A fried egg picnic spamwich on home made sundried tomato & Parmesan bread.Continue Reading
Perfect for a kids’ Halloween feast, this spooky stir-fry whips up in no time! Think peanut satay sauce coated wiggly worm noodles with spooky “bones” poking out.Continue Reading