The lovely Ren over at RenBehan.com is very busy at home with a newborn, so I’ve offered to take the reins of her fantastic food blogging challenge Simple & in Season for the month of August.
Summer is well and truly upon us and my weekly veg box is bursting with vibrant, seasonal produce. I’ve only just finished blanching and podding some broad beans which I will make up into a broad bean and courgette salad later on for dinner. I love this time of year when everything is so green and bursting with flavour.
What seasonal produce are you cooking with these days? Link up and tell us!
• All you have to do is come up with a dish using any seasonal produce you like (savoury or sweet) post it on your blog, add a link to this post mentioning Simple and in Season and linking to www.renbehan.com and www.elizabethskitchendiary.co.uk and then manually add the link to your post in the box below (via the Linky Tools form below)
• This round will run up until Sunday 31 August 2014. I will publish a round-up post including everyone who has entered.
• You can take inspiration from anywhere – adapt a recipe from your favourite cookbook, try something from a magazine, make up your own creation or share a family favourite. The usual rules apply when using someone else’s recipe, please either get permission from the author to post it or adapt it in some way stating how/why you’ve changed it.
• Include any seasonal produce you fancy including fruit, veg, herbs, meat or fish.
• Link as many recipes as you like. You can link posts entered into other blog events or carnivals as long as it involves a seasonal food item (and fits in with their rules).
• The linky-up is open to anyone, anywhere and although it will be nice to feature as much British produce as possible, it will be interesting to see what’s in season elsewhere.
• By entering your link, you are giving me permission to add your photograph to the round-up. I will link back directly to your post when I include you.
• If you have questions or problems, email me or leave me a comment in the comment box at the bottom of this post.
• If you are on Twitter, tweet your link to @TangoRaindrop and @RenBehan adding the hashtag #simpleandinseason and I will re-tweet all that I see.
Your recipe might also be relevant to the Extra Veg challenge hosted this month by Sarah over at Maison Cupcake.