Shop Local is a food blogging challenge designed to showcase produce local to where ever you live and to share the recipes you’ve made using this local produce. This last month we’ve had sixteen gorgeous entries from all over the world including Australia, America, the UK and India.
A great big thank you to all of you who linked up – you are all an inspiration! Grab a chair and feast your eyes on all these delectable recipes from around the world…
1. Cheesy Mashed Tatties with Kale – jazz up your mashed potatoes with some local grown kale! Get the recipe from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary.
2. Fava Bean & Bacon Pasta – made with farmer’s market finds! Get the recipe from Un Assiago.
3. Chaltar Chutney – Elephant Apple chutney – made with elephant apples from the mountains of India! Get the recipe from AcBistro2014.
4. Salted Caramel Chocolate Birthday Cake – using local eggs and local flour. Get the recipe at the Chocolate Log Blog.
5. Slow Cooked Harissa Spiced Beef Stew – made with local beef. Get the recipe from De Tout Coeur Limosin.
6. Slow Cooker Apple Pie Chilli – with a splash of home grown cider! Get the recipe from I’d Much Rather Bake Than…
7. Ginger Chickpeas – made with Farmer’s Market tomatoes. Get the recipe from Chef Mireille.
8. Patty Pan, Purple Carrot, Pine Nut & Cheese Savoury Muffins – local grown carrots and home grown squash make this a treat! Get the recipe from The Gluten Free Alchemist.
9. Apple, Blackberry & Walnut Crumble – made with foraged fruits. Get the recipe from Family, Friends, Food.
10. Soy Manchurian – an Indo-Chinese dish made with local peppers. Get the recipe from AcBistro.
11. Pork Pies – made with local farm shop pork. Get the recipe from Lancashire Food.
12. GF Baked Lemon Cheesecake – made with local farmer’s market lemons. Get the recipe from Green Gourmet Giraffe.
13. Cheddar Sage Biscuits – made with local farmhouse cheddar. Get the recipe from The Lass in the Apron.
14. Vegetable Chilli Stuffed Marrows – using local pick-your-own marrows. Get the recipe from Searching for Spice.
15. Poblanos – baked with a stuffing of Puy Lentils, Vegetables & Cheese – made with farm shop carrots. Get the recipe from The Gluten Free Alchemist.
16. Italian style roast pork – made with local butcher pork. Get the recipe at The School of Balance.
If you would like to join in with the next Shop Local Food Blogging Challenge you can find the current linky and the rules over on the main Shop Local page. There’s also a pinterest board where you can view all the previous entries.
If you want to be kept up to date on my recipes, occasional craft tutorials, adventure stories and giveaways then please subscribe to my weekly newsletter; it gets sent out every Monday morning if there is new content. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone, you will never be spammed and you are free to unsubscribe at any time, no questions asked. Make sure you confirm your subscription or you won’t receive the newsletter – if it hasn’t arrived check your junk mail folder.