Super easy to make, and finger-licking good, these Peking-Style pork ribs take no time to prep and can be served at the table straight from the Crock-Pot® Lift & Serve Slow Cooker bowl! A recipe in collaboration with Crock-Pot®.
Sticky, Peking-style pork ribs are one of our family favourite meals, and they’re super easy to make at home. Usually, I slow cook them in the oven for a few hours on low, but now that I’m the proud owner of a new Crock-Pot® ‘Lift & Serve’ Slow Cooker I can make them in advance and then head out for the afternoon – dinner will be ready when I get home!
Crock-Pot® ‘Lift & Serve’ 4.7L Digital Slow Cooker
The Crock-Pot® Lift & Serve Slow Cooker is the perfect, affordable digital slow cooker for this recipe. With a roomy, oven-safe bowl it’ll serve 4-5 people. It’s perfect for planning your meals ahead – simply select your choice of ‘High’ or ‘Low’ settings, set the time you want to cook for and go!
This slow cooker will automatically switch to keep warm when the time is up, so you don’t have to worry if that trip to the shops or school run took a little bit longer than expected. Dinner will be ready, waiting for you, when you get home!
- hinged lid – no more condensation and food mess on your kitchen countertops!
- dishwasher safe bowl and lid
- 4.7L capacity
- oven safe stoneware bowl – use in the oven for the perfect finish to many recipes
- digital timer – set your timer between 30 minutes and 20 hours
- 3 heat settings – high, low and keep warm
- economical – you can cook less expensive cuts of meat and you don’t need to heat your entire oven, so you save on electricity too
INGREDIENTS FOR THESE CROCK-POT® SLOW COOKER PEKING-STYLE PORK RIBS
- pork ribs
- Hoisin sauce – ready-made is fine
- dark soy sauce – dark soy sauce gives a better flavour than the sort you use on your stir-fries
- Shaoxing rice wine
- runny honey
- garlic puree – or finely chop a couple of garlic cloves
- Chinese Five Spice
- chilli flakes (optional) – if you like a little extra heat
- cornflour – to thicken the sauce at the end
- sunflower oil – for searing the ribs before they go in the slow cooker
- spring onions – to serve
- finely sliced red chilli – to serve
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: £1.60Was: £1.65
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Out of stock
Price: £1.80Was: £1.95
HOW TO MAKE THESE CROCK-POT® SLOW COOKER PEKING-STYLE PORK RIBS
Step 1: Place the browned ribs into the cooking bowl of the Crock-Pot® Lift & Serve Slow Cooker.
Step 2: Mix all the sauce ingredients together and pour over the browned ribs.
Step 3: Stir well to coat.
Step 4: Set heat to HIGH and set the timer for 4 hours.
Step 5: Remove the ribs and thicken the sauce with cornflour. Return the ribs to the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker bowl and stir well to coat.
Step 6: Lift & serve!
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: £36.99Was: £49.99
Price: £95.00Was: £109.99
During the month of Crocktober (October) Crock-Pot®, encourages Brits to slow down by joining #Crocktober – a 31-day slow cooking challenge that aims to help the people of Britain put their feet up, enjoy that extra hour in bed and take back that quality time with loved ones. Importantly, #Crocktober sets out to remind us that it’s possible to cook delicious meals without taking up the whole day.
This is the third of three recipes I am sharing this Crocktober for Crock-Pot®. The first was a slow cooker oxtail soup recipe, the second was a pressure cooker Apricot & Almond Christmas Cake made in their Crock-Pot® Express Multi-Cooker.
What’s your favourite recipe to cook in a slow cooker? Let me know in the comments!
Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Peking-Style Pork Ribs
- Heat sunflower oil in a heavy-based saute pan over a medium-high heat. Brown the ribs on all sides and place into the bowl of your Crock-Pot® Lift & Serve Slow Cooker.
- Mix together the Hoisin sauce, dark soy sauce, Shaoxing rice wine, honey, garlic, Chinese Five Spice and chilli flakes (if using) and pour over the top of the seared pork ribs. Stir well to coat.
- Close the lid of the slow cooker, select HIGH heat and set the timer for 4 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, the KEEP WARM function will turn on. Remove the ribs from the cooking pot and keep warm.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little water and stir into the sauce left in the bottom of the bowl. Stir until thickened (it'll thicken pretty quickly).
- Return the ribs to the cooking pot and stir well to coat. Serve straight from the cooking pot, or arrange the ribs on a serving platter and serve the remaining sauce on the side.
- One year ago: Luxury Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon & Tobiko
- Two years ago: Beer Glazed Roast Iron Age Pork Sausages
- Three years ago: Chocolate Hazelnut Layer Cake
- Four years ago: Shetland Beef & Valhalla Ale Slow Cooker Pie
- Five years ago: Nanaimo Bars – Canada’s National Confection
- Six years ago: Roasted Shetland Black Potatoes with Rosemary & Sea Salt
PIN THESE CROCK-POT® SLOW COOKER PEKING-STYLE PORK RIBS FOR LATER!
Have you made this recipe?
This is a sponsored recipe post in collaboration with Crock-Pot® although all thoughts and opinions expressed are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands who make it possible for me to do what I love: mess up my kitchen and share recipe stories.