For the month of February I have the pleasure of guest hosting Credit Crunch Munch, the frugal food recipe sharing challenge developed by Helen over at Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla over at Fab Food 4 All!
This challenge features:
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients – cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
Credit Crunch Munch
To take part, simply blog about any money saving idea that is vaguely food related, we are especially keen to hear about substitutions for when you run out of something this month. We do do a full round up so I will be mentioning all the recipes that are submitted.
There are a few rules
- Please link to the Credit Crunch Munch pages on Fuss Free Flavours and Fab Food 4 All
- Please link to the current host (ME!)
- Please use the Credit Crunch Munch Badge above
- Tweet using #creditcrunchmunch
- Closing date – last day of the month – so 28th February 2015
- You are welcome to link up one or two old posts, but please republish them
- By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest
- If blogging a recipe from elsewhere on the internet or a book please be mindful of copyright
But feel free to
- Send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
Tell me about your money saving ideas on the linky below! I am also making this a blog hop, so feel free to grab the code and add to your post too. Let’s spread the money saving meme!
We’ll be looking for guest hosts later in the year, so please mail Helen if you are interested. helen at fussfreeflavours dot com
If you want to be kept up to date on my recipes, occasional craft tutorials, adventure stories and giveaways then please subscribe to my weekly newsletter; it gets sent out every Monday morning if there is new content. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone, you will never be spammed and you are free to unsubscribe at any time, no questions asked. Make sure you confirm your subscription or you won’t receive the newsletter – if it hasn’t arrived check your junk mail folder.