The May 2016 No Waste Food Challenge Round Up.
The No Waste Food Challenge is a monthly food blogging challenge designed to showcase how versatile and creative leftover foods can be. That last little bit of cream in the back of the fridge or those overly brown bananas in the fruit bowl don’t need to be thrown away – they can be used to create delicious meals, as demonstrated by the fantastic recipes shared with the challenge each month.
As I am going to be away for the rest of this month on my epic 300+ mile bikepacking trip through the highlands of Scotland Michelle over at Utterly Scrummy Food for Families has offered to guest host. We know that folk are busy with holidays and whatnot, so it’s going to be a two month linky for the summer. You can find the current linky here.
With thanks to everyone who linked up last month – your dishes are all absolutely wonderful!
- Simple Banana Smoothie with Ginger by From Plate to Pen
- Mung Beans & Quinoa in a Spicy Broth by Green Gourmet Giraffe
- White Bean Hummus with Homemade Pesto by Maison Cupcake
- Slow Cooker Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips (Gluten Free) from Maison Cupcake
- Pesto Fish Bake by Jibber Jabber UK
- Goose Egg Fritatta with Spiralized Roasted Veg by The Gluten Free Alchemist
- Braised Spring Greens & Peas with Creme Craiche & Marjoram from Le Tour Coer de Limosin
- Spring Saag Paneer by Fix Me a Little Lunch