Preventing food waste one recipe at a time.
The No Waste Food Challenge is a food blogging challenge designed to get us sharing the clever and creative ways we’ve prevented food waste by turning something which otherwise might have ended up in the landfill into something incredibly delicious and moreish!
If you would like to link up your recipe you can find the details over on the official No Waste Food Challenge page.
In the meantime, here are 34 fantastic recipes from food bloggers all around the world! This is the February and March round up as I started a part time job in the village back in February and have become frightfully behind in my blogging! My sincerest apologies for taking so long to get this up, but nonetheless, it’s up!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, they say. Why not jazz things up instead of having plain old boring cereal with milk!
1. Blueberry Weetabix Muffins (stale Weetabix) by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
2. Healthy Blueberry Orange Breakfast Bars by Tales from the Kitchen Shed
3. Banana, Sultana and Chia Drop Scones (old bananas) by Anne’s Kitchen
4. Two Ingredient NutriBullet Banana Pancakes (old bananas) by Belleau Kitchen
5. Nutella French Toast (leftover Nutella and bread) by Tin and Thyme
6. Banana, Blueberry & Apple Muffins (overripe fruit) by The More Than Occasional Baker
7. Raspberry, Almond & White Chocolate Muffins (nearly out of date ingredients) by Fab Food 4 All
8. Spiced Kiwi and Apple Jam (over ripe fruit) by Anne’s Kitchen
9. Banana, Walnut & Chocolate Coated Cranberry Muffins (over ripe bananas) by The More Than Occasional Baker
SOUPS & STARTERS
Those vegetables lurking in the bottom of your fridge can be salvaged! Don’t throw them out!
10. Chunky Vegetable Soup with Spinach-Cashew Pesto (leftover vegetables) by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
11. Roasted Carrot & Leek Soup (leftover veg) by Tales from the Kitchen Shed
12. Tomato & Kale Soup with Pistachios (leftover veg) by Green Gourmet Giraffe
Leftovers needn’t be boring. Get creative with some of these inspiring main meal ideas!
13. Chicken & Chorizo Hash (leftover roast chicken) by JibberJabber UK
14. Baked Trout with Orange by My Little Italian Kitchen
15. F-Game Toad in the Hole (leftover peas and sausages) by Cooking Around the World
16. Vegan Chocolate Beetroot Black Bean Chilli by Allotment 2 Kitchen
17. Leek & Wild Garlic Risotto (leftover veg) by Eco-Gites of Lenault
18. Easy Moroccan One Pot Chicken Meal (leftover veg) by Slice Off Me
19. Kale and Almond Pesto Spaghetti (leftover artichokes) by Anne’s Kitchen
SNACKS & SIDES
20. Three Seed Coconut Facon Bacon Nibbles (store cupboard seeds!) by Allotment 2 Kitchen
21. Beetroot Puri (old beetroot) by Herbs, Spices & Tradition
22. Pepperoni Pizza Muffins by The Baking Explorer
The most beautiful and indulgent desserts can be made from the humblest of ingredients!
23. Hazelnut-Chocolate (Nutella) Thumbprint Cookies (leftover egg white) by The Gluten Free Alchemist
24. Banana, Walnut & Chocolate Chip Cake with Maple Syrup Cream Cheese Frosting (overripe bananas) by The More Than Occasional Baker
25. Raspberry-Lemon Drizzle Trifle (mostly leftovers!) by The Gluten Free Alchemist
26. Banana Ferrero Bundt Cake (leftover chocolates!) by The More Than Occasional Baker
27. Cereal Crumb Cake (cereal crumbs) by Jibber Jabber UK
28. Vanilla Blueberry Cake with Meringue Cream by The Gluten Free Alchemist
29. Banana and Walnut Loaf (over ripe bananas) by Roast Chicken and a Country Walk
30. Super Fruity Chocolate Tiffin (dried fruit) by Family, Friends, Food
31. No Bake Nutella Cheesecake (leftover oreos, nutella and cream cheese) by The More Than Occasional Baker
32. Orange Curd Butterfly Fairy Cakes (over ripe oranges) by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
33. Ricotta Amaretti Cake by My Little Italian Kitchen
34. Old Fashioned Lemon Tofu Cheesecake (leftover digestive biscuits) by Allotment 2 Kitchen