All the awesomeness of a pizza without the dreaded carbohydrates!
This is a deliciously eggy omelette loaded with all your favourite pizza toppings – a perfect quick meal for two (or four if you serve it with a substantial salad). I made mine using the ingredients I had on hand, but you can easily tailor it to include your own favourite toppings.
This recipe is my contribution to March 2013’s No Waste Food Challenge, a food blogging challenge which encourages us to prevent food waste, started by Kate from Turquoise Lemons and hosted this month by myself. This month the challenge is all about using up eggs.
I have also included this recipe in the #eggmainsinminutes linky on BritMums as my entry for the Main Meals in Minutes competition sponsored by British Lion Eggs.
- 1 slice smoked back bacon, grilled & chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 shallots, halved & sliced
- 1/4 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 chestnut mushroom, sliced
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 30 grams mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 eggs
- 30 ml milk
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- pinch garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: Serves 2