Inspired by the Love Food Hate Waste campaign Kate launched the No Waste Food Challenge in a bid to encourage others to do the same. She asked fellow food bloggers to share the ways they’ve avoided throwing out those wilted carrots, that cream slightly past it’s best before date or the bits of things long forgotten in the back of the fridge or cupboard.
The challenge has run quite successfully over the last four years, and in 2013 I began co-hosting it with Kate. In 2014, however, Kate had personal commitments taking up much of her time, so she’s handed the No Waste Food Challenge baton over to me.
I have made a few changes to the challenge. First, I am keeping the theme open – each month you are free to share any recipe which uses up any ingredients which otherwise might have gone to waste. Tell us how you salvaged that stale bread, those spotty mushy brown bananas, etc! I’ve also set up a Pinterest board, which all entries will be added to.
You may also find that your entries will work well with Credit Crunch Munch, co-hosted by Camilla At Fab Food 4 All and Helen over at Fuss Free Flavours, and Extra Veg by Michelle at Utterly Scrummy Food for Families and Helen from Fuss Free Flavours. Don’t forget to check The Food Blog Diary to see what else you could link up to!
The June/July linky can be found over at Utterly Scrummy Food for Families – Michelle has very kindly offered to guest host for the summer as I am away on my cycling adventures through Scotland, fundraising for the RNLI.
>>>>>> THE CURRENT LINKY IS HERE <<<<<<
1. Please link up your url using the linky included in this post. The linky will be updated at the start of each month.
2. Feel free to republish old posts just make sure you add a link to the current challenge and add the challenge badge, if you fancy. Use of the badge is optional.
3. Make sure you link up before the end of the month.
4. Posts will be added to the No Waste Food Challenge Pinterest Board to help spread the food waste prevention love! I will also Stumble and Tweet all entries, as well as including them all in a full round up.
5. Please make sure your post includes a link back to this blog post and the current month’s host.
6. Tweet @TangoRaindrop and the current month’s host with the tag #NoWasteFoodChallenge and I will retweet when I see it!