For the rest of the month of August and throughout September I have the honour of guest hosting Credit Crunch Munch, a food blogging challenge by the fantastic foodies Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla at Fab Food 4 All. This challenge asks us to share our frugal food recipes in a bid to help us all save some pennies.
We want to know how you enjoy great food, but still spend less or save some money. Think about…
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients – cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
Credit Crunch MunchTo take part, simply blog about any money saving idea that is vaguely food related, I am especially keen to hear about substitutions for when you run out of something this monthThere are a few rules
- Please link to the Credit Crunch Munch pages on Helen and Camilla’s blogs
- Please link to the current host Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary
- Please use the Credit Crunch Munch Badge
- Tweet using #creditcrunchmunch
- Closing date – last day of the month – so 30 September 2013.
- By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest.
- Please be respectful of other people’s copyright when blogging.But feel free to
- Send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!Tell me about your money saving ideas on the linky below! I am also making this a blog hop, so feel free to grab the code and add to your post too. Let’s spread the money saving meme!We’ll be looking for guest hosts later in the year, so please mail me Helen you are interested. helen at fussfreeflavours dot com